Saturday, September 5, 2009

Red, we all know one..



We all have a friend or know someone named Red..I know four of them..Red #3 is a cowboy, real life makes his living working cows. I'm looking for a shack and he has some stuff in strange spots so I called him yesterday and asked if he had anything open..He say's ya..I branding in the morning outside Gustine why don't come by..I got direction and a good nights sleep..

About 4am I'm sitting back and a thought came to me..I have a friend who I have never rode with..we talked about riding to nowhere and the in between to nowhere was Andersons Split Pea soup in Santa Nella..So instead jumping in the truck I got acquainted with the Shovel and took the high road to 33..and had that missed breakfast from the past..It only left me hungry..

Now I had never pounded any pavement in the back roads of Los Banos..If your looking for some sights, sneaky frickin corners..cows and cruise..Jump off I-5 in Santa Nella and head west on Henry Miller Rd..Take a left on Treasure Island and ride..just go..Don't stop at Red #3's spead unless your wanting to work..After about 20 years not riding and roping by noon the score was Rat-2 and the little cows -17..No shack but a 120 year old adobe if I want it..

The ride renewed and reinvigorated..Got the urge to write...11 chapters down in the Rat book..No stories just some biker lore with a twist..I'm going to try a readers digest a chapter or two and post them..Writing started out so easy until one day I drew a blank..So here I sit..see ya..

Rat

No comments: