Saturday, March 20, 2010

Honda Snobs

I really thought we Harley snobs had the corner on the market..not so I learned today..after replacing fork seals after a short unexpected trip in the gravel on the outside of the fast lane I fired up the ole dog and headed over to get some gas and a diet dew..

After tossing Omar a five spot I stroll back out to pump ethyl..There sits my poor shovelhead surrounded by Jap Junk.Wannabe Harleys and the over dressed fellows who ride them..They are eyeballing my stuff...talking in hand signals..as strool up to feed my baby some high test..

Now over the years I have through experience learned that the story is always the same with different variations..My brothers cousins uncles step daughters boyfriends dog had a Harley and it was always in the shop..Where upon I normally come back with a polite Fuck it musta had a ton a chrome on it..only reason I know to take one to the shop..Now it could be the language but what ever it is that normally gives you a 30 second break before the next anti-Harley line..

Then you get to hear how reliable them hondodos are..Well sir how many miles you got on that there rice burner..Today it was I have had it for 3 years and it has never once been in the shop except for service..and it's got 6000 miles on it..Now ladies and germs..if you want your bike to never break..last forever it's easy don't ride it..Really..I got 241306 miles on mine..and ya it leaks a little oil..Only time it ever got fixed in a shop I was taking care of some business over a ticket working with the county for a few days and needed it back when my time was up..didn't own a car..A few more seconds of silence..

As I reached over to pop off my old dog eared non-smog gas caps trying to conceal my smile over the baffled look on their faces I had to laugh..Gentlemen it's a great day for a ride..enjoy..as me and my diet dews pulled out into the wild blue..  

4 comments:

IHG said...

I'm so smiling right now. Great post. I have found the Wingers to be the biggest snobs of them all. It's either that or they are afraid of what I'm thinking as I'm walking around their bikes looking at all the plastic. HA!

Really though...I don't hate just because someone doesn't have my love for HD. To each his or her own.

Willy D said...

Welcome to the 21st Century. Ain’t it just a gas so far?

Even a Harley Snob can be a ‘Harley Snob”. Blockheads are nice but not quite the same.

FLHX_Dave said...

Hmmmm...My VTX was a real pain in the ass to do anything on. I communted on that for a couple of years. It handled like an 18 wheeler....seriously. No handling whatsoever. Everytime I cranked the throttle it felt like the bike was going to twist out from underneath me.(shaft drive)

My Glide? For being a big ass boat...it pretty much can run circles around any Honda cruiser in the handling dept. I have tried many different bikes, types and makers. I'm pretty much sold on the HD. Yeah...they have their issues too but I have never owned a bike I have loved this much.

Snobs?...man, they are all over the flippin' place. It doesn't matter what you are into, there are snobs galore everywhere. Seriously...I don't even pay attention anymore. The ones that really get me are the HD snobs...especially the ones that don't ride more than 1k a year. Big finger, big finger. lol

got a kick out of this.

Mr. Motorcycle said...

There is a reason Harley costs more. You get what you pay for. The look, the sound the feel the quality. It is the "real fucking deal"; not just trying to imitate it. The reputation is earned.

Seriously, ride what ever the fuck you want. I just don't understand when there is a choice though, why you would choose anything but Harley. If it is merely because you can't afford one and don't want to make the financial sacrifice, So be it. Just don't make up any stupid fucking excuses. Just admit that you want one but can't afford it right now. Everyone respects that.

Sorry, rant over.
I take it back. I'm not sorry.