Sunday, October 23, 2011

Fifty...looking back, moving forward...

Woke up from a dream only to find I was dreaming..Fifty...Mom,,Inspiration, Free thinking never follow the crowd follow your heart..Believe and never fear fighting for what you believe or what is yours..gone early always in my heart and mind..I still believe..Dad..Lot's of years to figure out..I got it now..I understand..

Always out spoken,,even as a kid..Tasted the soap early and often..Excelled when inspired..withdrew in a crowd..could always be alone when surrounded..Sports..Bell bottoms..Bad hair and cowboy boots..Game winning double in the championships..Panama Red..Boones Farm apple wine..Panhead project..a job..always a job..beer and Southern Comfort..Dear hunting and movie dates..The Mid Way drive in..Sister Mary Elephant..U.S. Army..Teens no better times at the time..life in my lane..

Growing up..Germany..The Grossman..still a brother in arms and in life..Back to work..the ride..Palm Springs to Tampa..Cuba Town best beef around..Back and forth..ride the sea..ride the roads..Sunrise outside Tuscon..Sunset in New Orleans...A thrill ride..every ride..The Dirty One..master wrench..fast short love..to many chemicals and never enough time..work..not an alcoholic a workaholic..looking for a big ladder to climb..never look back.

Fading..you never know it happens until it bites you on the ass..but instilled madness never lets you slow down..driven..riding like you never rode only to find it takes longer to get there and you missed more things along the way..Slowing down just isn't in the cards..painful memories are only memories..it's all what you make of them..Happiness is always within reach..

Fifty..it's been the most painful yet fulfilling year of them all..I stumbled on pure Sunshine..the only thing that has held me together..I found life to be annoying..hard and love of work and accomplishment faded..I chuged through my days without vigor..was it just fifty? Wealth and  health problems..been a hard tough year..for most I do believe..KJ..you and how you handle it have made me understand it..I'm regressing back to living, forget the bad and welcome what life has given..I hear the old shovel coming back to life..I feel arms around me and dusty roads calling..time to kick it in the ass for another fifty..welcome home Rat Bastard..ride on...

 

2 comments:

karla said...

It truly has been an Amazing year.. we've had our fair share of obstacles and Ah shit moments, yet here we are..Together... ya know I bought a helmet a year ago, it's still in the box.. thinking it's time to leather up,and break out the helmet..we need some wind therapy with the shovel.....can't seem to get Tom Petty out of my head... Here comes my...

Julz said...

I love this post. Your ability to put things together in this manner is inspiring for a new blogger. Where in Germany did you grow up? Our son was born in Germany. Bad Kreuznach to be exact. My husband and I were both in the Army there.