Saturday, December 4, 2010

Cold on the Mountain...

Cold but full of thought,,just as it should be..Seems I don't have time to ride until my few remaining working braincells scream..Ride...

It's been that kind of year..very little seat time..why, to much time hustling work..listening to the talking heads telling us how much better it is and wondering where the hell they are..Little shit turns big at times, things that don't mean crap turn important..we forget our roots..search for answers that lay within easy reach..or are sitting in the garage on a jiffy stand..wondering where we have been..

Glides been a garage king..seems to like it, warranty is still strong..Rough day, week or couple of weeks and I walk by it everyday..Not thinking of  riding but stressing on shit I might be able to change or might not..Life's works like that when you let it take control..rain clouds have gathered so I got an excuse..easier to sit braindead in front of the box than to take the cure..Not today, I have to ride...break out full lid and leather..snow ride..

Light sprinkles as I back out of the garage...Crank up that sweet 110ci...as I notice the dude across the street, hands out shrugging his shoulders with a baffled look on his face..I smile but he never saw it..as I twisted it back,,,to feel squealing rubber beneath me..the first real laugh in a long time rolls out towards the night..

Rain splatter on and off as I reach the bottom of the hill..Knowing this ain't smart I grab another gear...up we go..a little to hard and maybe way to fast we climb..Concentration takes over as worries fade..working the throttle like a fine turned guitar feather it in power it out..Feel road...the Glide wiggles and slides but never let's go...The little light rains turning to snow..

I know it's cold but it never crosses my mind..we fly by the snowline at 5000 feet..my destination is well with reach as I kick down the gears and feather the brakes a small twisty road way off to the left not well traveled and mostly forgot..The snows standing 2 maybe 3 inches deep straight up we climb...The Glide slips and it slides but never lets go we reach the top and pull to the peak..Look to the west to see light below..Me and the Glide a light dusting of snow..

Mind a little clearer..or as good as it can be..dripping leathers hanging in the garage..coffee perking..fire warming my bones...smiling....ride on....   

 

2 comments:

FLHX_Dave said...

I have to say that was pretty cool. Don't ask me why because I wouldn't be able to tell you why.

Yup, things are beating me up too right now but you know what the best thing that has ever happened to me was? The day I let go.

WooleyBugger said...

I went out a couple weeks ago in bitter cold and got home just before the snow fell. Yep, people think I'm crazy but I had the itch and it needed scratching.