Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Chrismas with Taco...






It was right around 1984 living in a small burg just out side of Fairfield California...Been a wild spring and summer..meet the Kleppie and he introduced me to the Taco..famed in his exploits..The Klep finds a working payphone sometime during the day on the 24th..Weather had been rough but we a couple day's of Sunshine ahead..He whispered over the phone..Party at Taco's..been burning oak in the pit..bring your scooter, the old lady and some gobblers..dead and plucked por favor....

Knowing well in advance that there would be no drive home I packed the ex in the camper..stopped by Vons and grabbed the two biggest birds they had,,,a mix of brews in large quantities and a gallon or so of Jack..bought me a Santa hat for the ride, kicked over the pan and rolled towards Martinez..Sun shining bright off the chrome...Hohoho it's gonna be a biker Christmas..

As I roll across the Carquinez bridge I swear I smell oak burning..as we make the swing off the 680..past my favorite Food & Liquor..and into the depths of the old end of town..as I turn the Pan down Taco's street I see a line of Chrome and hear the stereo cranking out Bad Company...I pull in beside the Lizards new Dyna to a slew of Hi-Fives and hugs...and the Taco man sitting on his wooden thrown..or the stump to the rump smiling...Merry Christmas...Bro...

As evening rolls in and the sounds of loud pipes and laughter echo in the night..The Kleps sitting back picking the Dobro by the firelight...I sit back in the dark soaking in sounds..Brothers and Sisters dancing around..as the night winds down..

The morning sun breaks through the left over fog in my mind..Christmas and Harleys..Turkeys and beer..damn fine day I can't wait for new Year.....Merry Christmas to all and to all a great time...

Ratster...







 

1 comment:

FLHX_Dave said...

Sounds good to me. I need some taco for Christmas myself.

Sometimes just hanging out is the best gift of all. Simple and simply glorious.

I think that account is a definition of what it is all about.