Sunday, July 25, 2010

As the time fly's past..

Woke up at 2am..warm to the point of toasty outside as I pulled up my smoking chair and stared at the tinted orange glow of the almost full moon..Been on my best behavior for a long time...but my this early morning the mind is racing..or scamming..you need to ride..so a couple texts go out..Won't be in today, don't call..see ya when I get back..

I roll out the glide,,fire it up..bet this comes up at the next neighborhood watch meeting but with any luck I won't be there..I'll be here..Road time alone at 2am is clear thinking time..had a plan I was headed for breakfast at where ever five hours of hard throttle landed me..So about 80mph an hour in the thought hits me..it's been a lousy year..Work, the house and life are OK but something keeps me off balance in the back of my small wrapped mind...Figure it out..I keep riding..

Then it it hit's me as I head up the first grade of many today..It's that fifty thing..See I turn half a fricking century in a couple of months..in itself it is no big deal but in the big picture it was never suppose to happen..or so I thought..So tell me how many of you hard riding bad MoFo's have made the brag..I will never live to see 30, 40 and the big 50..shit happens I guess..I just realized I have accomplished my best case of lack of planning..Oh well I'm riding right..

So the dwelling on life begins..here is how I see it..I have spent 25% of life being bad..some minor and some not so minor..broken some commandments if I were to be a believer..Been good 25% sometimes real good but most the time just good enough to get by..the 50% of the time I have been nonexistent..I think they call it life..just chugged along like the rest of you zombies...No offense meant it just seems the reality..

So my friends I pull into the truck stop and pump old ethyl..in the tank that is and on the way out the door in the cheap copy CD rack there sits Uriah Heep..Song I lived by when I started this journey thirty something years ago..So I popped it in the player and we did 700 miles together..thinking that I think I will steal another decade or two..me and the road still got a ton of the good life to share..ride on.. 




5 comments:

FLHX_Dave said...

So...are you satisfied with your world tour so far? That is the real question that needs to be answered here.

I think it's time for you re-union tour...yea. If you learned anything over the past half century, then it should be a legendary tour.

Willy D said...

It’s mid-life crisis time. When I hit mine I got a Goldwing so I’d fit in with the other old farts. When I woke up the next morning and realized it was a bad dream I went for a ride on my Harley. The clutch felt the same as it did at 49.

You should go to that neighborhood meeting. Keep fucking with your ears like you’re hard of hearing and can’t hear a damn thing they’re saying. Might be fun.

Unknown said...

I would not change a thing from the first half the trip..Lessons learned can't be bought..Seems I only make the same mistake more than once when I enjoy the conciseness...

Goldwing..your a sick man Willy D..what a nightmare...

click said...

you ride a glide? - you are fucking old - damn!!!!
batwing too???

Unknown said...

The Clickster...How has your sorry Roo ass been????Good to see ya..So hows the goldwing...LOL